Friday, March 23, 2012

Week 7 - Progress



This week, I came up with quite a few different designs for the cover and had plenty more ideas in my head, but decided to pick one and go with it. I have learned that there is no point thinking of 20 good ideas on such a broad subject, when I should choose one good one and run with it. There are just too many possible outcomes for such a project.

I drew up some rough sketches, then planned out a style for some of the aspects of the design like the trees and Rapunzles castle.

A layout has definitely been decided, choosing 2 strong graphic images for the front and back cover. This will keep the book modern, as written in the brief.




What I need to do next


Next I have to draw up the final layout on photoshop and illustrator.

Design the characters to be hidden in the woods.

Experiment with different styles and textures on my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment