Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week 11 - Finished Piece and Extended brief



Competition Deadline - 19th April


This week I had to make a change to the cover design for submission. The two images that I had done were both equally as detailed and very strong, so I had to simplify the back. I didn't think that the blue color went too well with the front so I changed them to a mutual colour. I developed the back so that it still ties in well with the front, but there is less detail so that it doesn't come away from the text.

I played with the text for a couple of days and am very satisfied with the result, I am happy that this project enabled me to work more with Typography, and with the proposed extension on the brief I will work with it more.

Finally I illustrated the the spine to bring the whole cover together.







What did I learn from this project so far?

I have developed my skills in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as my typographic skills. My time keeping has greatly improved as I comfortably met all of my deadlines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment